The 2017 REDCapCon (annual REDCap conference) will be held in New York City, New York on August 14-16, 2017, and will be hosted by the Clinical and Translational Science Center at Weill Cornell Medicine (the Weill Cornell CTSC). It is the 9th conference organized by the REDCap Consortium. This three-day event will offer presentations, breakout sessions, and more by REDCap Consortium members. The agenda is still being developed, but current plans for the main conference include dinner on Sunday evening taking and three full days of programming on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at the Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan. There is a registration fee of $550 USD to attend the conference. An early bird rate of $495 is available through April 1 so make plans soon to take advantage of the savings.
Learn more about the history of REDCapCon.
The content of the conference is designed for REDCap administrative and technical team members who maintain and support REDCap at their own institutions, and who provide global support of REDCap through consortium efforts. The conference is NOT designed for end-users of the software.
REGISTER for the conference AT THIS LINK!
Online Ticketing Powered by Eventbee
For questions about registration and onsite logistics, please contact Jessie Lee, REDCap Administrator for the Weill Cornell CTSC.
- New Administrator Workshop: Limited to the first 100 registrants. (no additional fee)
- Topical Discussions: Small group time
- Breakout Sessions
- Presentations and panels
- Poster session and other competitions
- Kickoff Dinner on Sunday evening August 13th
More specific details on 2017 programming, including the New Administrator Workshop, will be posted here soon.
Conference and accommodations will be at the Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, located at 1605 Broadway, New York, NY 10019. A true star among Times Square Hotels, Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan offers upscale modern accommodations in the energetic heart of Times Square.
The fine folks at the Weill Cornell CTSC negotiated a terrific sleeping room rate of $219/night (plus taxes and fees.) The $219 rate is for a single room (room with 1 king bed, but can accommodate up to 2 people.) The rate for a room with 2 double beds (double occupancy) is $239/night.
To reserve your room, use this Passkey link for Crowne Plaza. Alternatively, you may call 888.233.9527 and request the negotiated room rate for REDCapCon attendees.
Bonus: You are able to reserve a room with a check-in date as early as Saturday, August 12 and a check-out date as late as Sunday, August 20 and still enjoy the discounted sleeping room rate. So feel free to extend your stay and make a vacation out of it! 🙂
Note: July 21, 2017 is the last date that the hotel will hold rooms and guarantee the conference rate of $219/$239.
New York City is accessible by three airports:
- La Guardia (LGA)
- Newark (EWR)
- JFK (JFK)
Airport Transportation options
Information coming soon!
From John F. Kennedy Airport
Distance from hotel = ~ 16 miles
Travel time = at least an hour
• Follow the Taxi sign from any terminal; you will see a line of yellow cabs.
• Cost: $52 flat fare between JFK airport and Manhattan. There will be an extra $4.50 surcharge during peak hours (4-8 PM on weekdays, except holidays), for a total of $56.50.
By Public Transportation:
• Follow the Air Train sign from any terminal.
• Take the Jamaica-bound train to Jamaica Station. Transfer to the NYC Subway E train at Sutphin Boulevard-Archer Ave station. Take the Manhattan-bound E train to 50th Street/8 Ave station in Manhattan. Walk to Crowne Plaza.
• Cost: $7.75 ($5 Air Train, $2.75 Subway). There are ticket (MetroCard) vending machines at Jamaica Station before exiting the Air Train. Use Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard only; there is a $1 fee for a new MetroCard.
From LaGuardia Airport
Distance from hotel = ~ 10 miles
Travel Time = 40 min with normal traffic
• Follow the taxi sign from any terminal; you will see a line of yellow cabs.
• Cost: Metered, based on mileage and time, average is $35 (traffic will affect fare).
By Public Transportation:
• Follow the public transportation sign from any terminal.
o Option 1: Take the M60 Bus Select Bus Service to 31 Street/Astoria Blvd. Transfer to the N and W subway line. Take the Manhattan-bound N or W to 49 St and walk to Crowne Plaza.
o Option 2: Take LaGuardia Link Q70 to Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Ave. Transfer to the E or R subway line. If taking the E, take the Manhattan-bound E train to 50th Street. If taking the R, take the Manhattan-bound R train to 49th Street. Walk to Crowne Plaza.
• Cost: $2.75. You will get a free transfer from bus to subway if you use a MetroCard. MetroCards can be purchased at vending machines located through LaGuardia Airport terminals.
• When riding M60 Select Bus Service or LaGuardia Link Q70, you will need to pay your fare at the fare-collection machines at the bust stop. No fares are collected on the bus. Use any door to board the bus when it arrives. Please remember to retain your proof of payment for the duration of the trip.
From Newark Airport
Distance from hotel = ~ 18 miles
Travel Time = 35 min with normal traffic
• Please check out the Newark Airport taxi website for detailed information.
• Cost: Approximately $60
By Public Transportation:
• Take the air train to Newark Liberty Airport station. Transfer to NJ Transit or Amtrak to New York Penn Station.
• For more information about the Air Train, NJ Transit, and Amtrak click this link.
From Penn Station (if arriving by Amtrak)
Walk to 34th Street and 8th Ave and take the uptown (Queens-bound) E train to 50th Street. Walk to Crowne Plaza.
From Port Authority (if arriving by bus, e.g., Greyhound, Megabus)
You can either walk to Crowne Plaza (9 blocks away) or hail a yellow cab right on the street.Airport Shuttles
Transportation options once you are in the City
Crowne Plaza Times Square is surrounded by MTA subway stations, including the following:
- 49th Street (N, Q and R trains)
- 50th Street (C and E trains)
- 50th Street (1 train)
- Times Square – 42nd Street (1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R and S trains)
- Rockefeller Center – 47th-50th Street (B, D, F and M trains)
- Port Authority – 42nd Street (A, C and E trains)
- Seventh Avenue (B, D and E trains)
Go to MTA’s website to see a subway schedule.
Crowne Plaza Hotel Parking Garage: Standard cars are $70 USD per day & SUV/Oversized vehicles are $85 USD per day. This does not include in/out privileges; per day fee will apply each time the vehicle is needed during your stay.
You can also try searching for a parking lot near the hotel. Several offer early bird rates of $21-30/day if you arrive before 9 am.
Please direct general inquiries about the 2017 REDCapCon to email@example.com.
For registration and onsite logistics, contact Jessie Lee, REDCap Administrator for the Weill Cornell CTSC.