Co-hosted by BC Children’s Hospital and Island Health September 16-19, 2019 – register here!
BC Children’s Hospital and Island Health are hosting the 2019 REDCapCon (annual REDCap conference) in Vancouver, BC, Canada on September 16-19, 2019. This is the 11th conference organized by the REDCap Consortium. This three-and-a-half-day event will offer presentations, breakout sessions, and more by REDCap Consortium members. The conference includes a dinner at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver on Monday evening and three full days of programming on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
View slides and videos from an exciting presentation by BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute and Island Health about the event hosts, location, and cool things to do in the area:
Learn more about the history of REDCapCon here.
February: registration opens
April: call for presenters/volunteers issued
April 17: Early-bird deadline
September 16: New Administrator Icebreaker in the afternoon; kickoff dinner at 6pm
September 17: conference programming begins
September 19: conference programming concludes
The content of the conference is designed for REDCap Consortium members, that is, REDCap administrative and technical team members who maintain and support REDCap at their own institutions, and who provide global support of REDCap through consortium efforts. The conference is NOT designed for end-users (researchers, etc.) of the software.
Registration will open in February.
The Early Bird registration fee this year is $550USD**, and the regular registration fee $600USD**. The registration fee covers: kickoff night dinner, breakfasts, lunches and snacks for the event duration.
**The registration fee will be set firm in Canadian Dollars at the time of registration opening. As the currency exchange rates fluctuate, so will the USD amount paid.
- New Administrator Ice Breaker
- Check-in for regular conference on Monday, September 16
- Common space available for non-Ice Breaker attendees for networking/socializing/ad hoc meetings in the Mezzanine from 2:00 – 4:00 PM
- Refreshments not provided
- Kickoff Dinner on Monday evening September 16th!
Regular conference programming commences the morning of Tuesday, September 17. Sessions will include:
- Topical Discussions: Small group time
- Breakout Sessions
- Presentations and panels
- Poster session and Training Materials competitions
Details will continue to change as programming develops.
Conference and accommodations will be at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, located at 900 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2W6, Canada. The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, BC is a landmark hotel located in downtown Vancouver. The hotel is known as the ‘Castle in the City’ and reflects timeless luxury and history of Vancouver. Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is minutes from Vancouver’s biggest attractions, including Granville Island, Robson Street shopping, Stanley Park Seawall, Vancouver aquarium, Gastown, Canada Place and Science World.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is offering a discounted sleeping room rate to 2019 REDCapCon attendees for as low as $299 CAD (approximately $225 US) per night for double rooms. The discounted rate is eligible for September 13-22, 2019. Room quantities are limited, so please book early.
- Thursday, September 19 is now SOLD OUT (at the discounted rate – you can still book at the regular rate here: https://www.fairmont.com/hotel-vancouver/accommodations/)
- You can book at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver for all other nights
- Reservations must be made by August 16, 2019 to qualify for the group rate
If the dates you’d like to stay at Fairmont are sold out, you may stay at one of our other partner hotels below:
ADDITIONAL PARTNER HOTELS
Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel (8 minute walk to conference hotel)
- Book your hotel room:book Sheraton Vancouver Hotel here
- Discounted rate: $339 CAD ($255 USD), eligible September 13-22, subject to availability
- Reservations must be made by August 16 to qualify for the group rate
- 1088 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R9
Residence Inn Vancouver Downtown (10 minute walk to conference hotel)
- Book your hotel room: book Residence Inn Vancouver here
- Discounted rate: $299 CAD ($230 USD), eligible September 13-22, subject to availability
- Reservations must be made by August 5th to qualify for the group rate
- Breakfast included, all rooms are suites with full kitchen
- 1234 Hornby St, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1W2
Ramada Limited Downtown Vancouver (11 minute walk to conference hotel)
- Book your hotel room: ask for REDCap rate by phone or email
- Discounted rate: $249 CAD ($190 USD), eligible September 12-20, subject to availability
- Reservations must be made by August 1 to qualify for the group rate
- Breakfast included
- 435 W Pender St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1V2
A variety of parking options at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver are available for your convenience such as overnight self-parking, VIP Valet Parking and Assisted Valet Parking. More information about parking here.
There are a number of ways to get to Vancouver, we’ve listed the airports below. Vancouver International Airport is the easiest and closest, however some may opt to fly to Seattle, WA, and come to Vancouver via shuttle, rental car, or train.
For more information, visit https://www.tourismvancouver.com/plan-your-trip/getting-here/.
Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
Distance from hotel: 9 mi.
Drive time: 30 min.
Directions: See https://www.fairmont.com/hotel-vancouver/map/map-and-directions/ for directions to the hotel from Vancouver International Airport. From Vancouver International airport, you can easily take the Canada Line Skytrain that takes you 2 blocks from the hotel.
The link above also includes directions from the USA/Canada Border, from Highway 1, from various ferry terminals, or from Whistler.
Seattle–Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Distance from hotel: 150 mi.
Drive time: 3 hrs.
Directions: Another option to get to Vancouver is to fly to Seattle and take the shuttle bus which provides transportation from Seattle airport directly to Vancouver hotels downtown (4.5 hrs, Quick Shuttle, http://www.quickcoach.com/), or the train (4 hrs, Amtrak, https://www.amtrak.com/home.html), or rent a car.
To and From Victoria, BC
There are different ways to get to Victoria:
- take a short flight from Vancouver downtown to Victoria downtown, https://vhfc.ca/
- or enjoy the trip on the ferry from Tsawwassen to Sidney on the Island, plus ground transportation, https://www.bcferries.com/schedules/mainland/tssw-current.php
Things to Do in Vancouver and Victoria!
Vancouver: check out https://www.tourismvancouver.com/activities/ for activities and sightseeing in Beautiful BC
Victoria: check out https://www.tourismvictoria.com/ for what to do in a day on the Island.
Please direct general inquiries about the 2019 REDCapCon, including programming inquiries, to email@example.com.
For questions about registration, contact Halley Cote, firstname.lastname@example.org, @halley.cote (Community Site).